All our rented properties are available on a "short assured tenancy" basis.
The minimum initial rental period is six months, although it could be for a longer period with the agreement of both the landlord and the tenant. At the end of the initial rental period the lease can be extended for a further agreed period.
Under a "short assured tenancy" the tenant has the right of tenure for the agreed period of the lease, as long as conditions of the lease are met. The landlord will have the backing of the courts to evict a tenant if major conditions of the lease are not met, for example - non payment of rent or causing wilful damage to the property.
All tenants should note that GSB Properties acts on behalf of the landlord and whilst we will do our best to resolve any disputes between landlord and tenant, where there is a conflict, the tenant will require to seek advice from their own solicitor.
References are Required
We will require suitable references from all prospective tenants. These will take the form of:
- » a letter from your employer confirming your employment and length of service.
- » a letter from your previous landlord confirming the address and that the tenancy was conducted in a satisfactory manner.
- » Bank Reference: We have a special form for you to complete - your bank will charge you for providing this reference.
- » If you are unable to supply any of the above references we will require one character reference for each one you cannot supply. References should be from someone of a professional standing such as a solicitor, doctor etc. A reference from a member of your family will not be accepted.
Remember - your references will be personally checked out and need to be good enough to re-assure us and the landlord that you can afford the property and will look after it.
A deposit, usually equivalent to at least one month's rent, is required. At the end of the lease this will not be returned until the following conditions have been met:
Talk To Us
- » The property has been inspected by either the landlord or ourselves and is found to be in a satisfactory condition.
- » Receipted accounts are given to us showing that all electricity, gas and telephone bills have been paid up to the day the lease ends.
Our stock of rented properties is constantly changing so if we do not have anything suitable at the moment keep checking or alternatively contact us with details of your requirements.